Sunday, December 19, 2010

My journey through sickness.

Well since my last post, which was 2 weeks or so ago, nothing has really changed.

One week of mad flu and aching back during my exams. One other week where I started feeling a tad better. Hew! Thought it would never end. I made it through my finals just in time! I guess Bouddha, Allah, God, you name it, was just too kind with me for only that short period of time! Next thing you know, Boom! 40oC of fever and coughing my lungs off. And that, for more than a week! Seriously, I don't know if it's because of my lover I had kissed (shoutout to you! love xo) or the number of time I had kissed my niece and nephew (which I remind you, goes to kindergarden) or I had too much people coming over or, or... how many door knobs I had licked (kidding)! In another hand, it can also be the consequence of the the flu I had. So after a week of whining and fever-ing and anything that ends with -ing, also after realizing that even after 4g of tylenol a day wouldn't lower my fever down and that cough syrup wasn't soothing in anyway my throat I had finally decided to go see the doctor. The latter first suspected Pneumonia. To make sure, I had to pass an X-ray and turned out my lungs wasn't too congested to be a pneumonia, so the result : Bronchitis.

According to the Canadian Lung Association...



Bronchitis means swelling in your air passages (bronchi). Bronchi are the air passages that connect your windpipe (trachea) with tiny air sacs (alveoli) in your lungs. The air sacs are where your body absorbs the oxygen you breathe in.

Bronchitis is an inflammation of the bronchi. This inflammation means the walls of your bronchi are swollen and filled with extra sticky mucus. Airflow into and out of your lungs is partly blocked because of the swelling and extra mucus in your bronchi.

Acute bronchitis, swelling in your bronchi, is usually caused by viruses — the same viruses that give you the common cold. The viruses attack the insides of your airways and infect them. Your airways react by getting red and swollen, and by making extra mucus

To prevent bronchitis:

- avoid smoke or smoking
- avoid people who has cold of flu
- wash your hands lovely hands <3

Seriously, through this sickness, I've seen it all from my mucus! From green to yellow, to slighty pink, spots of blood, clear but little foamy, thick, thin, my treat! ... anyways.

I was pretty relieved to finally know the diagnosis. It's bad, but at least I know I can treat it with antibiotics! Hopefully, it will work. It has to work! Christmas is near! :(


I started my treatment yesterday and now, my fever is gone. I also now have a little cup where I can spit in and rinse off instead my wasting all those tissue papers! (Yes, I love tofu spread :3)



I feel wayy better and feels like I haven't felt Okay for a while now! Even with my soar back! The mood is picking up...

I can now get things goin' and get things done. But for now Missy miss needs to sleep and take some rest. Nighty xo

No comments:

Post a Comment