Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Essays.

This is an essay I have written years ago for my english class and posted it on Facebook on a Saturday, January 10th, 2009.

Sleeping in bed, eyes tightly closed and I am off to some mystical adventures once again. I personally think that dreaming is a way to escape this often mundane reality. Some people might say they don’t dream. Whether you are young or old, everybody dreams. They probably just forget it. Well, I had a dream that I will never forget.

What a scene! I could feel the sparkling mist between my fingers and the heat of the sun all over my face. ‘’Finally! It is summer!’’ I said to myself. I was roaming in the freshly uncut vivid green herbs. In front of me was the big blue ocean. It was the only moment I really felt free. I shouted and laughed as loud as I could. Childish you might say? No, it was freedom. It was as if nature and I were one.

Suddenly, an enormous tree appeared! It was covered in gold. A swing was attached to one of its branches. Without hesitation, I hopped on it and began to swing higher and higher. I didn’t hang on to the cords tightly because I knew I would be swept away by the wind if I ever fell. Time was passing by and I wondered when I would ever fall from this swing. I spontaneously let go off the cords and jumped. What I expected did not happen. I felt an abnormal force drag me into the ocean. My lungs were screaming and struggling for air to breathe. But my mind was at ease since the only thing that mattered was the pureness of the water. I began to swim deeper and deeper as if I was looking for something, someone... I finally found two young people from the opposite sex sitting on a big rock. They seemed to be talking, but I could not hear a word. All I could figure out is that the boy looked confused and that he was crying. However, no tears were falling from his eyes. ‘’Could this wonderful ocean be the result of his tears?’’ I asked myself. Finally, the girl left him and walked away. He looked pitiful. And so, I walked toward him and tried to comfort him but he pushed me away. I could not help but to feel a blend of uncomfortable emotions inside me. I decided to sit beside him and wait for the girl to come back. As I looked around me, I could see many other people sitting, looking sad and lonely as if they were waiting for something, someone…

It was 5:00 AM as I found myself crying on my bed. I wished I could continue this unusual dream to find out what would have happened to the boy afterwards. I closed my eyes, but I could not remember the face of the boy nor the girl. Until now, I still believe there is a little light of hope for the little boy in my dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment