Friday, December 23, 2011

Holidays.

Hello dear bloggers, bloggerettes, and readers,

First semester is finally over! Wow! It went so fast, I still feel as if it was the first day of class, really! I had motivating and nice teachers and came accross great people that I now consider as my friends.



Many people ask me if it's hard at McGill and I'm always ambivalent when it comes to answer this. I mean, it is a notch harder because we all come from Cegep, so of course, we need to have challenges. Not mentioning our OIIQ exam at the beginning of the semester. We had to deal with preparing for midterms, assignments, the OIIQ, etc. It was pretty hectic I admit. But once the OIIQ exam passed and we all had our answers, the stress level dropped incredibly. I still believe I had much more of a rough time in Cegep than in University. In Cegep, we had many projects and we had to deal with our internship. Here, it's pretty much getting up to date with assignments and readings, which was already acquired in Cegep. I was slighty lazy, so yeah, had some period of rush like everyone else. I made few friends there and we helped eachother quite alot and that's neat. It also depends on how comfortable you are with the teaching/learning ways of the University. I have friends that come from the Vieux Montreal Cegep and they told me that it was hard for them because they were used to study and learn with schemes, and doing links and stuff which is not what we do here, at McGill. Here, we just have theorical courses. A teacher's in front of you, and they teach. That's pretty much it. Whereas at some other universities such as Sherbrooke or Montreal Universities, it's the total opposite. You learn in groups, and the teacher comes from time to time to see how it is going (from what I have heard, of course). Nevertheless, I am totally satisfied with my choice because that's what suits me best!




School itself was very nice. However I had many emotional ups and downs through this semester and that's the major factor which made my semester a tiny bit difficult. Basically, I was with this guy for about a year and a half. Us, very complicated, made our relationship complicated. I do believe no situation is complicated unless we are complicated. Ha Ha. I've been expressing my pain to many of my friends, I lost my entire purse at a bar, I cried my lifee that night, I seeked for group support which I only went once... I remember when they were saying outloud the characteristics of an affective dependant person, It hit me so bad that I cried and cried and had to go out to calm myself down. Every single person gathered and tried to cheer me up, they offered me their presence, and for that, I am forever thankful. It felt somehow weird to cry in front of strangers... anyways. On top of that, I had terrible migraines and my neurologist had to prescribe me other drugs for that, which is helping a little.
My neurologist told me I was a little bit stressed. It was total denial. I thought he was referring to studies, which is true because I mean, I felt not much more stress than usual. It was probably emotional stress due to everything happening in my life at that point.



My new year resolution is to take things a little more smoothly, try to figure some ways to take things differently to reduce stress. And surely to lose weight FML LOL!

So there! Holiday vacation's at my door, arms wide open! *Snuggle Snuggle* :3 Got few things planned such as going out with friends and catch up and probably a day at the spa :)

I would like to wish to all of you, friends and family and Azul included a Merry Christmas and a happy new year 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment